The Route

Having visited the Pyrenees 4 times already, including 2 complete traverses of the GR11 and HRP, my trip in 2013 was all about filling in a few blanks, and bagging a few summits along the way. The 15-day route covered about 400km from Eyne-Bolquere train station to Gavarnie, with 25,000 metres of ascent. The route largely followed the GR11 once I'd reached Andorra, but also climbed the following 7 summits:

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 7 - Espot to Espitau de Vielha

Distance: 33km, Ascent: 2450m, Descent: 2210m


View Pyrenees 2013 - Day 7 in a larger map

Day 7 began from Casa Felip in Espot at 6am.  The first section to Estany de Sant Maurici I done twice before in the opposite direction.  It was quite cold and windy when I reached the lake, so I took a brief shelter from the wind before heading into the national park proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment